By Barbara J Little,Paul A Shackel
Read or Download Archaeology, Heritage, and Civic Engagement: Working toward the Public Good PDF
Similar archaeology books
Constantine the nice (285-337) performed an important function in mediating among the pagan, imperial previous of the town of Rome, which he conquered in 312, and its destiny as a Christian capital. during this realized and hugely readable publication, Ross Holloway examines Constantine's amazing development programme in Rome.
Crystal skulls, creative codices, doubtful Olmec heads and adorable Colima canines. Fakes and forgeries run rampant within the Mesoamerican paintings collections of overseas museums and personal participants. Authors Nancy Kelker and Karen Bruhns research the phenomenon during this eye-opening quantity. They speak about the main ordinarily cast periods and sorts of artifacts, lots of which have been being duplicated as early because the nineteenth century.
Small reveals – the stuff of daily life – provide archaeologists a desirable glimpse into the cloth lives of the traditional Romans. those items carry nice promise for unravelling the bits and bobs of way of life, specially for the social teams, actions, and areas for which few written assets exist.
Through the substantial stretches of early geologic time, the islands of the Caribbean archipelago separated from continental land plenty, rose and sank time and again, merged with and broke from different land lots, after which by means of the mid-Cenozoic interval settled into the present trend recognized this present day. by the point local americans arrived, the islands had constructed advanced, strong ecosystems.
- Alexander to Constantine: Archaeology of the Land of the Bible, Volume III: 3 (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- Neolithic Archaeology in the Intertidal Zone (Papers of the Neolithic Studies Group)
- Archaeology of Religion: Cultures and their Beliefs in Worldwide Context
- The Lost Civilization of Lemuria: The Rise and Fall of the World’s Oldest Culture
- Aurignacian Lithic Economy: Ecological Perspectives from Southwestern France (Interdisciplinary Contributions to Archaeology)
- The Aborigines of Puerto Rico and Neighboring Islands (Caribbean Archaeology and Ethnohistory)
Additional resources for Archaeology, Heritage, and Civic Engagement: Working toward the Public Good
Archaeology, Heritage, and Civic Engagement: Working toward the Public Good by Barbara J Little,Paul A Shackel